OKLAHOMA CITY, Nov. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- nJoy Vision is now able to provide a new solution for patients with
"The Toric ICL approval is an important milestone in our armamentarium of vision correction solutions, and we are please to be the first to perform the procedure in the state of Oklahoma," said Brad Britton, MD, nJoy Vision Medical Director.
The Visian Toric ICL is an innovative lens from STAAR Surgical which is placed behind the iris and in front of the eye's crystalline lens to correct vision. This method works with the eye to not only restore clear and sharp vision(1)(2)(3) but also provide UV protection and excellent night vision(4). The Visian Toric ICL's implantation eliminates multiple surgical procedures by correcting astigmatism and myopia simultaneously(5). In a procedure that takes less than 30 minutes, Visian Toric ICL lets doctors treat more types of patients with higher levels of astigmatism as well as myopia while preserving the corneal structure of the eye.
"FDA's approval of STAAR's Visian Toric ICL provides an exciting treatment option for myopic patients with astigmatism in search of visual freedom. We are pleased to partner with nJoy Vision, who will be the first clinic in Oklahoma to offer this technology to their patients," said Jim Francese, Sr. Vice President Commercial Operations, STAAR Surgical.
FDA approval was based on results from the Visian Toric ICL clinical study which reported 98.4% of patients would have the Visian Toric ICL surgery again. The data also showed that eyes implanted with the Visian Toric ICL maintained rotational stability(6).
"We work with referring doctors who see patients that struggle with their eyesight every day" Dawn Holsted, O.D., President & CEO, nJoy Vision states. "I'm thrilled that there's a lens-based solution now available to help U.S. patients suffering from both astigmatism and myopia. The Visian Toric ICL allows us to improve patients' lives with one easy-to-implant lens."
For more information about nJoy Vision and our expertise in Visian Toric ICL implantation visit http://www.nJoyVision.com.
Visit https://staar.com/products/visian-icl to find out more about the Visian Toric ICL.
About nJoy Vision nJoy Vision is a growing network of vision correction centers with a patient-first mindset and a philanthropic spirit. nJoy Vision exists to help patients see the world more clearly. This is accomplished through our commitment to providing state-of-the-art laser technology, distinguished surgical teams, and superb patient care.
(1)Sanders D. Vukich JA. Comparison of implantable collamer lens (ICL) and laser assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) for Low Myopia. Cornea. 2006 Dec; 25(10): 1139-46
(2) Shin, JY. Ahn, H. Seo, KY. Kim, EK. Kim, TK. Comparison of higher order aberrations after implantable collamer lens implantation and wavefront-guided lasek in high myopia. J Refract Surg. 2012; 28(2): 106-111
(3) Igarashi, A. Kamiya, K. Shimizu, K. Komatsu, M. Visual Performance after implantable collamer lens implantation and wavefront-guided laser in situ keratomileusis for high myopia. Am J Opthalmol. 2009
(4) Parkhurst, G. A prospective comparison of phakic collamer lenses and wavefront optimized laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis for correction of myopia. Clinical Ophthalmology 2016, 10:1209-1215
(5) Alfonso, J. et al. Comparison of visual and refractive results of Toric Implantable Collamer Lens with bioptics for myopic astigmatism. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol (2013) 251:967975
(6) STAAR Surgical Visian Toric Implantable Collamer Lens PMA Supplement P030016 Ophthalmic Devices Advisory Panel, March 14, 2014
SOURCE nJoy Vision
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!