NetLearning Learning Management System Receives Bronze Brandon Hall Learning Technology Award
CLIFTON PARK, N.Y., May 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- NetLearning, part of Cengage Learning and a leading provider of online courses and e-learning software for healthcare workers and hospital administrators, today announced that the NetLearning received a coveted Brandon Hall bronze award for technology excellence in the Best Advance in Learning Management Technology for Compliance Training category for its Learning Management System (LMS): Version 8.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20070724/NYTU125 )
The NetLearning LMS allows healthcare facilities to manage the educational requirements of their staff, while tracking training compliance and granting institutions the ability personalize each learner's interface. With a flexible and powerful platform, the newest version of the NetLearning LMS adds a number of new capabilities to the existing SCORM 1.2 certified LMS platform. Additional features include a fully web-based Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model, pre-assessment by course and curriculum, and a customizable portal-based end user interface. Other unique features of the NetLearning LMS: Version 8 include:
- NetManagerPlus - delegates administrative privileges to the department level making front-line and mid-level managers more efficient while administrators retain overall control
- ACT - the Accelerated Training assessment feature enables facilities to set up curriculum pre-assessment to test and evaluate the knowledge of users before mandatory training begins
- Minute Mandatories - employees due for recertification can take mandatory courses in just 6 minutes with this unique review feature
- Accreditation Assurance - allows customers to go into an accreditation audit with confidence that NetLearning will be there to assist with any needs that may arise during the audit
- myNetLearning - flexible and customizable user interface where students can complete coursework, take exams, view and print transcripts, view completed and upcoming courses, and enroll in courses
- Web 2.0 functionality - the new student interface, or myNetLearning, makes use of widgets in a manner similar to iGoogle, Facebook and other Web 2.0 sites providing immediate access to learner assignments, completions, reports and available educational opportunities
"We are honored to be recognized by Brandon Hall with this Bronze Award in Technology for the latest version of our LMS. This award is a reflection of our ongoing commitment to creating products that are convenient, user-friendly and that visibly improve the efficiency of professional learning and training," said Will Passano, vice president, NetLearning. "NetLearning's ever-growing compliance series of courses, offered via the award-winning LMS, are specifically designed to streamline new employee orientation and annual re-training, and are fully customizable to meet individual policies and procedures of our customers."
The Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Technology Awards are presented by Brandon Hall Group, a leading research firm in training and development. The Learning Technology awards program showcases innovations in the products in the marketplace for creating and managing learning, talent and performance.
"These excellent tools and systems are the cutting edge of learning technology," said Tom Werner, chief research officer and director of the Awards program. "They really change for the better how people learn in the workplace."
For more information on NetLearning and the award-winning NetLearning LMS, please visit www.netlearning.cengage.com or www.cengage.com.
About NetLearning and Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. NetLearning, part of Cengage Learning, is an elearning solutions provider developing products specifically for the healthcare industry since 1995. The NetLearning product suite allows for the deployment, management, and reporting of training-related activities. For more information about NetLearning, please visit www.netlearning.cengage.com.
About Brandon Hall Group
Having worked with more than 5,000 clients globally and after 17 years of delivering world-class solutions, Brandon Hall Group is the preeminent research and analyst organization focused on developing research-driven solutions to drive organizational performance for emerging and large organizations. Through the recent merger of Brandon Hall Research and AC Growth, Brandon Hall Group has an extensive repository of thought leadership, research, data, and expertise in Learning and Development, Talent Management, Sales, Marketing, and Executive Management.
SOURCE Cengage Learning