Can you think of a company that brings hope and makes life a shade less painful and hassle-free for the:
• Over 1.5 million people worldwide, including 1.5 Lakh people in India with end-stage renal disease who need to cleanse their blood of toxins and
waste besides excess fluid normally removed by healthy kidneys
• 50,000 odd Indians suffering from incurable life-threatening diseases like hemophilia, immune deficiencies, homeostasis and other blood related disorders.
• More than 40% of the 700,000
odd Americans suffering from Coronary Artery Disease will die from heart attack and the rest who will suffer permanent damage to the heart which will need to be managed for the rest of their lives. WHO predicts that by A.D. 2020 up to three quarters of deaths in developing countries would be from non-communicable diseases-- coronary heart disease (CHD) will top the list of killers.
• Thousands of patients suffering from Hospital Acquired Infections
For the last 75 years Baxter has been responsible for many medical breakthroughs in the fields of intravenous (IV) medicines, kidney dialysis and blood component therapy which have helped people with end-stage renal disease, hemophilia, immune disorders and other chronic conditions lead healthy and productive lives.
Every day Baxter products and therapies save millions of people and sustain lives in over 100 countries across the world.
Baxter today is:
1) Well-recognized global brand
2) A global leader in the biotechnology industry
3) A Pioneer in developing critical therapies to treat chronic diseases
4) A leading manufacturer of Biopharmaceutical, Medication Delivery, Renal and Blood Transfusion Therapies.
Baxter’s core strengths include:
• First commercial heart lung oxygenator which facilitated open heart surgery-one the century’s greatest medical breakthroughs
• First commercially built artificial kidney
• First commercially manufactured intravenous (IV) solution
• First needle less system for IV therapy
• First plastic container for IV solutions
• VIAFLEX intravenous (IV) container system which has become the standard for IV administration
• First sterile, vacuum-type blood collection and storage unit for blood transfusions
• First flexible, plastic blood-collection container
• First plasma pheresis system for blood banking
• First automated blood-cell separation system
• First clotting factor for people with hemophilia
• First pre-mixed drug solutions
• First heat-treated Factor VIII concentrate
• First Factor VIII concentrate purified by chemical and monoclonal techniques
• First Factor VIII product made without the addition of any human or animal plasma proteins in the manufacturing process
• Firsts commercial Factor VIII concentrate to treat hemophilia
• First peritoneal dialysis (PD) solutions and delivery systems
• ‘Dianeal Low Calcium PD Solution’, the first next generation peritoneal solutions (PD) for phosphate and calcium management of dialysis patients
• Advances in the fields of Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis and Automated peritoneal dialysis (APD) have made management of the disease more comfortable, painless and hassle-free for patients around the world.