Frequently Asked Questions
An ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist can be consulted for throat problems.
2. What are the causes of dry throat?
Dry throat is a rough, itchy feeling in the throat; Drying out of the mucous membranes is the most common cause of dry throat.
Throat irritation also known as dry cough is a scratchy feeling at the back of the throat.
4. How long does a throat infection last for?
Viral pharyngitis symptoms go away over a period of about one week; Strep throat symptoms subside within two to three days after the intake of antibiotics.
5. Is there a cure for throat cancer?
Throat cancers if detected early can be cured when treated with surgery and/or radiation therapy.
6. Can you get sore throat from smoking?
Yes, cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke can trigger persistent sore throats.
7. Is there a link between spicy food intake and sore throat?
Eating spicy food, outdoor and indoor air pollution, chewing tobacco, drinking alcohol can irritate the throat and lead to a sore throat.