Frequently Asked Questions1. Which doctor should I visit in case of swelling of the eyelids?
You could visit an eye specialist or an
2. How is swelling of the eyelid diagnosed?
Swelling of the eyelids is diagnosed based on
- Carefully taken medical history of the patient
- Physical examination of the eyelids, eyes, face and other parts of the body
- Diagnostic tests depending on the underlying cause
3. What is the treatment recommended for swelling of the eyelids?
Treatment of the underlying cause is the primary step towards treating eyelid swelling.
- Less serious conditions can be treated with proper eyelid hygiene and local medications.
- Surgery may be recommended in serious and malignant conditions affecting the eyelid.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Simi Paknikar. (2014, August 28). Eyelid Bump - FAQs. Medindia. Retrieved on May 17, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/symptoms/eyelid-bump-faqs.htm.
Dr. Simi Paknikar. "Eyelid Bump - FAQs". Medindia. May 17, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/symptoms/eyelid-bump-faqs.htm>.
Dr. Simi Paknikar. "Eyelid Bump - FAQs". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/symptoms/eyelid-bump-faqs.htm. (accessed May 17, 2022).
Dr. Simi Paknikar. 2021. Eyelid Bump - FAQs. Medindia, viewed May 17, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/symptoms/eyelid-bump-faqs.htm.