Malaria Control Measures
- Use of Larvivorous fishes which feed on mosquito larvae
- Larvivorous fishes are used to control breeding of mosquitoes in wells and fresh waters
- Gambusia affinis is a good Larvivorous fish with the following features -
-It has a quick movement and can escape from its enemies
- It is a small fish which does not grow to a big size
- It has no edible value for human consumption
- It can thrive and acclimatized to any type of water
- It reproduces and multiplies in large numbers
Drug Prophylaxis for Malaria for Travellers
- Drugs like plasmoquine can destroy gametocyte of Plasmodium
- Mass drug prophylaxis is used to protect from clinical manifestations of the disease
- Plaudrine can be taken weekly once for prophylactic treatment while staying in endemic areas of malaria.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, May 21). Malaria control measure. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 10, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/malaria_measures4.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Malaria control measure". Medindia. Dec 10, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/malaria_measures4.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Malaria control measure". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/malaria_measures4.htm. (accessed Dec 10, 2023).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2020. Malaria control measure. Medindia, viewed Dec 10, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/malaria_measures4.htm.