General Info about Malaria
- Malaria, an infectious disease, owes its discovery to Sir Ronald Ross during his tenure in secunderabad in the 19th century.
- The Italians thought Malaria was caused by “Bad Air”– hence the name.
- It is one of the earliest recorded diseases of the 18th century.
- It is a dreaded disease causing more than 3 million deaths each year and leaving 300-500million ill.
- Paul Muller was awarded the Nobel Prize for his discovery of “the high efficiency of DDT as a contact poison against several arthropods”, The DDT was used effectively to control malaria.
Latest Publications and Research on Malaria - Waterborne
- Evolutionary ecology, taxonomy, and systematics of avian malaria and related parasites. - Published by PubMed
- Approaches in scaling up schistosomiasis intervention towards transmission elimination in Africa: leveraging from the Chinese experience and lessons. - Published by PubMed
- Risk estimation for air travel-induced malaria transmission in central Europe - A mathematical modelling study. - Published by PubMed
- Analysis of Plasmodium falciparum Rh2b deletion polymorphism across different transmission areas. - Published by PubMed
- Influence of house characteristics on mosquito distribution and malaria transmission in the city of Yaoundé, Cameroon. - Published by PubMed