Frequently Asked Questions
You must consult a general practitioner or gastroenterologist.
2. Are there any side-effects of the medicines used to treat giardiasis?
Side-effects of the medicines used to treat giardiasis include-
- Metallic taste in the mouth
3. What can be done to prevent giardiasis?
There is no vaccine or effective drug available for prevention of giardiasis infection. Giardiasis can be prevented and controlled by-
- Improved water supply
- Proper disposal of human feces
- Maintenance of food and personal hygiene
- Safe sex
- Health education
4. What are the possible complications of giardiasis?
Complication of giardiasis include-
- Weight loss