Enteric Fever Treatment
- Antibiotic treatment by giving Chloramphenicol
- Oral Chloramphenicol
- Severe infections - Intravenous injection of Chloramphenicol
- In Chloramphenicol resistance - Ampicillin, Co-trimoxazole, Ciprofloxacin
- Replacement of fluids and electrolytes
- Antibiotics is mostly not required for treatment of gastroenteritis
- Bacteremia treatment requires antibiotic treatment of Chloramphenicol, Co-trimoxazole, Ampicillin.
- Newer Cephalosporins (Cefotazime / Ceftriazone) are now used for treating heavy bacteremia caused by Salmonella infection.
- For treating abscess caused by Salmonella surgical drainage is done to remove abscess.
- Gall bladder removal (Cholecystectomy) with antibiotic treatment can cure asymptomatic carriers.
- Risk of spreading bacteria during surgery and causing metastasis.
- Antibiotics used for treatment - Ampicillin, Amoxicillin, Co-trimoxazole, Ciprofloxacin.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, September 10). Typhoid and Paratyphoid Enteric Fevers - Treatment. Medindia. Retrieved on May 28, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/enteric_fever_treatment.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Typhoid and Paratyphoid Enteric Fevers - Treatment". Medindia. May 28, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/enteric_fever_treatment.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Typhoid and Paratyphoid Enteric Fevers - Treatment". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/enteric_fever_treatment.htm. (accessed May 28, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Typhoid and Paratyphoid Enteric Fevers - Treatment. Medindia, viewed May 28, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/enteric_fever_treatment.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
2 years experience
HCG hospitals [oncology], sampangiRama nagar