Frequently Asked Questions
According to Dr. Barry Sears, who first introduced this diet ‘The Zone’ is a term for ‘proper hormone balance’. This program uses diet to control the body''s production of the hormone insulin and in turn achieve weight loss. In Zone Diet, the insulin and eicosanoids are kept in a zone by the food eaten and results in burning of fat.
2. What is the average weight loss while on the Zone Diet?
While on the Zone Diet, an average dieter may lose approximately 8 to 10 pounds per month.
3. How is Zone Diet different from other diets?
According to Dr. Barry Sears, who first introduced this diet, other diet plans ignore the importance of hormonal balance, as well as the influence of dietary balance on digestion and hormone production.
Fat consumption is essential for ‘burning’ fat. Monounsaturated fats in a meal contribute to a feeling of fullness and modulate the rate at which carbohydrates are absorbed into the bloodstream. Low-fat diets actually stimulate fat storage, according to Sears, by creating high levels of insulin in the blood.
4. What are the disadvantages of Zone Diet?
- Restricts calorie intake means it is hard to stay on.
- Eliminates some essential vitamins and minerals found in certain founds.
- Expensive to follow
- Time consuming and inconvenient