Which Drugs can Cause Birth Defects?
Drugs like aspirin, isotretinoin, vitamin A and some antibiotics can cause birth defects.
Few drugs that are known to cause birth defects include-
- Antibiotics- Tetracyclines, Sulfa drugs and Ciprofloxacin
- Dermatological drugs- Isoretinoin
- NSAIDS: Aspirin and other salicylates
- Anti-cancer drugs- Bulsulfan, Chlorambucil, Cyclophosphamide, Mercaptopurine and Methotrexate
- Anti-seizure medications- Phenytoin, Topiramate and Valproate
- Certain anti-thyroid medications