What are the Symptoms Of Torticollis?
Symptoms may be mild initially and the patientís condition might deteriorate progressively. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently. Some of the symptoms include
- The head is tilted to the affected side and the chin is pointed towards the opposite side. For example, if the left side of the neck is affected, the head is tilted to the left side with the chin pointing towards the right side.
- The affected side shoulder is elevated than the other side
- The affected neck muscle becomes tight
- A swelling or lump is seen in the neck muscle
- Neck pain
- Limited movement of the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Head tremors
- Neck muscle spasm (pain and tightness of the muscle)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2016, March 25). What are the Symptoms Of Torticollis?. Medindia. Retrieved on May 16, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-torticollis.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What are the Symptoms Of Torticollis?". Medindia. May 16, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-torticollis.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What are the Symptoms Of Torticollis?". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-torticollis.htm. (accessed May 16, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. What are the Symptoms Of Torticollis?. Medindia, viewed May 16, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-torticollis.htm.