What are the Symptoms Of Torticollis?
Symptoms may be mild initially and the patient’s condition might deteriorate progressively. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently. Some of the symptoms include
- The head is tilted to the affected side and the chin is pointed towards the opposite side. For example, if the left side of the neck is affected, the head is tilted to the left side with the chin pointing towards the right side.
- The affected side shoulder is elevated than the other side
- The affected neck muscle becomes tight
- A swelling or lump is seen in the neck muscle
- Neck pain
- Limited movement of the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Head tremors
- Neck muscle spasm (pain and tightness of the muscle)