What are the Symptoms of Presbycusis?
- With presbycusis, sounds often seem to be unclear and lower in volume.
- Difficulty in understanding conversations, especially when there is background noise.
- High-pitched sounds such as ‘s’ and ‘th’ are difficult to hear and differentiate.
- Difficulty hearing in noisy places.
- A man's voice is easier to hear than the higher pitches of a woman's voice.
- Tinnitus (Ringing in the ear)
- Older people who can’t hear well may become depressed or withdraw from others to avoid the frustration or embarrassment.