What are the Symptoms of Presbycusis?
- With presbycusis, sounds often seem to be unclear and lower in volume.
- Difficulty in understanding conversations, especially when there is background noise.
- High-pitched sounds such as ‘s’ and ‘th’ are difficult to hear and differentiate.
- Difficulty hearing in noisy places.
- A man's voice is easier to hear than the higher pitches of a woman's voice.
- Tinnitus (Ringing in the ear)
- Older people who can’t hear well may become depressed or withdraw from others to avoid the frustration or embarrassment.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2014, September 25). What are the Symptoms of Presbycusis?. Medindia. Retrieved on May 22, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-presbycusis.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What are the Symptoms of Presbycusis?". Medindia. May 22, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-presbycusis.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What are the Symptoms of Presbycusis?". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-presbycusis.htm. (accessed May 22, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. What are the Symptoms of Presbycusis?. Medindia, viewed May 22, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-presbycusis.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Audiologist for your problem? Ask your question
5 years experience
Hearing.Care [ A Complete Speech and Hearing Centre] , Janglatmandi
7 years experience
Ear Health and habilitation centre, Anantnag
+ 1 more