What are the Symptoms of Filariasis?
Filariasis causes no symptoms in the initial stages; the problems start after the adult worms die.
Symptoms of Lymphatic Filariasis (Elephantiasis) -
Edema with thickening of the skin and underlying tissues is the classical symptom of elephantiasis. It usually affects the lower extremities. However, the arms, vulva, breasts and scrotum (causing hydrocele formation) can also be affected.
Symptoms of Subcutaneous Filariasis-
Symptoms of subcutaneous filariasis include:
Symptoms of serous filariasis-
Symptoms of serous filariasis include:
- Filariasis - Wikipedia - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filariasis)
- Lymphatic Filariasis - (https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/lymphatic-filariasis)
- Blood Lymphatic Disease - Filariasis - (https://www.nhp.gov.in/disease/blood-lymphatic/filariasis)
- Filariasis: Symptoms, Causes and Management - (https://www.aimu.us/2017/07/15/filariasis-symptoms-causes-and-management/)
- Filariasis - (https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/filariasis/)
- Filaria - (https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/immunology-and-microbiology/filaria)
- Parasites - Lymphatic Filariasis - (https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lymphaticfilariasis/treatment.html)