Symptoms of Bird Flu
Fever, headache, body ache, sore throat, nasal congestion and dry cough are some of the symptoms of bird flu.
Some of the bird flu symptoms are-
- Tiredness (can be extreme)
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion
- Body aches
- Difficulty breathing
Most people recover within 1-2 weeks.
However, some people can develop serious and life-threatening complications like-
- Sinus and ear infections
People aged 65-years and older, people of any age with chronic medical conditions, and very young children are more likely to suffer from complications following bird flu.
- US NIOSH certified N-95, European CE P2, or comparable national/regional standards applicable to the country of manufacture. Higher level particulate respirators may also be used.
- In the control of the outbreak of avian influenza in the Netherlands in 2003, N95 or equivalent respiratory protection was used.
- For treatment, oseltamivir phosphate (TamifluŽ): 75 mg capsule twice daily, for 5 days.
- All concerned (persons at risk both environmentally and occupationally) should be vaccinated with the current WHO recommended influenza vaccine as soon as possible prior to anticipated risk exposure (2 weeks are required to develop preventive immunity by vaccination.). This does not specifically protect against H5N1.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2021, July 28). Symptoms of Bird Flu. Medindia. Retrieved on Jul 01, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-bird-flu.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Symptoms of Bird Flu". Medindia. Jul 01, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-bird-flu.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Symptoms of Bird Flu". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-bird-flu.htm. (accessed Jul 01, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Symptoms of Bird Flu. Medindia, viewed Jul 01, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-symptoms-of-bird-flu.htm.