Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis
A frequent dull pain and
Symptoms of ankylosing spondylitisinclude-
- Back pain and stiffness- A frequent dull pain and stiffness is usually experienced in the lower back during the initial stages and is mainly felt on one side. The pain and stiffness worsens at night, in the morning, or when the patient is not active. This pain gets better with activity or exercise.
- Pain in other parts of the body- In advanced stages of the disease, a persistent kind of pain is felt in various areas of the body such as the ribs, shoulder blades, hips, thighs and heels.
- Fatigue- One may also experience an overall feeling of tiredness due to the inflammation caused by ankylosing spondylitis.
Other symptoms include-
- Reduced spinal mobility
- Bowel inflammation / Ulcers
- Ititis or Uevitis (inflammation of the eyes)
- Changes in posture
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss