What are the Objectives of the NIDDCP?
The objectives of NIDDCP include -
- Initial survey to identify the magnitude of IDD.
- Surveillance of goiter cases.
- Production and supply of iodized salt in place of common salt in endemic regions.
- Health education and publicity.
- Monitoring the quality of iodized salt by assessing urinary iodine excretion pattern.
- Assessment of impact of control measures over a period of time.
- Re-survey in goiter endemic regions after 5-years, continuous supply of iodized salt to assess the impact of the control program