What are the Causes of Nosebleed?
Nosebleeds can be due to local or systemic factors. However, significant cases of nosebleeds occur with no obvious cause.
Causes of epistaxis -
- Trauma to the nose (blow on the nose or face, forceful nose blowing)
- Foreign bodies such as fingers used during nose picking
- Inflammation of the nose or sinuses
- Tumors, particularly malignant tumor of the nose or sinuses
- Deviated septum (when the partition between your nose is crooked)
- Overuse of decongestant nasal spray
- Use of anti coagulants (blood thinning medications)
- Bleeding disorder
- Cold and dry air