Advantages of using Condoms
Advantages of using condoms include -
- Condoms are an effective form of contraception. They are 95-99% effective.
- Proper and consistent use of condoms prevents transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (AIDS/HIV, syphilis).
- Condoms are easy to use, and very little practice is needed.
- Reliability is high if used appropriately.
- Ease of purchase of a condom from pharmacy, supermarket or departmental stores. There is no need for a prescription and is even provided free of cost in health centers and family planning clinics.
- Availability of different shapes, sizes and types of condoms. There is one for everybody.
- Use of condoms is devoid of any side effects and is much cheaper when compared to other forms of birth control.
- Condoms have to be used only during intercourse whereas birth control pills have to be taken for a prolonged period.
- It enhances responsibility and mutual understanding between the partners.