Advantages and Disadvantages of Atkins Diet
Advantages of Atkins Diet -
- Weight loss.
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Lowers the low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, and increases the amount of HDL (‘good’ cholesterol).
- Insulin resistance is better as compared to those following a low-fat, calorie restricted diet.
Disadvantages of Atkins Diet -
- The Atkins diet could contribute to osteoporosis and kidney stones.
- Leg cramps (during the induction phase).
- Headaches (due to caffeine withdrawal).