Getting to know it!
This vitamin, also known as
It is a synthetic chemical that has the same biological effects as folate. Both have an important role in the synthesis of
It is chemically called 'pteroyl glutamic acid'.Folic acid is the collective name given to a group of compounds that contain the following three structures:
- A 'pteridine' nucleus (pyrimidine and pyrazine rings)
- Para-aminobenzoic acid.
- Glutamic acid.
This is the reason behind using folic acid for fortification (adding nutrients to food to prevent deficiency) of cereals, bread, pasta and in multivitamin supplements.
Latest Publications and Research on Vitamin B9
- Gd/CuS-Loaded Functional Nanogels for MR/PA Imaging-Guided Tumor-Targeted Photothermal Therapy. - Published by PubMed
- Maternal and Obstetric Factors Associated with Low Birth Weight. - Published by PubMed
- Interdisciplinary assessment and management of a patient with a fibrous gingival enlargement of unknown origin: A case report. - Published by PubMed
- Anti-Glioma Effect with Targeting Therapy Using Folate Modified Nano-Micelles Delivery Curcumin. - Published by PubMed
- Predictors of urinary and blood Metal(loid) concentrations among pregnant women in Northern Puerto Rico. - Published by PubMed