More Information About Ultrasound
- Advantages of Ultrasound
- Disadvantages of Ultrasound
Advantages of Ultrasound:
It is very easy to perform. The probe is placed on the patient’s body and the image can be viewed instantaneously.
- It does not cause any discomfort or there may be minimal discomfort that is bearable.
- It is non-invasive, does not involve any cutting of the skin or other tissues.
- There is no radiation hazard because it has non-ionizing radiation being emitted.
- It is relatively inexpensive when compared to the other imaging modalities currently available.
- Ultrasound centers are abundant through every nook and corner of the state/country.
Disadvantages of Ultrasound:
- The information that can be inferred form ultrasound is dependent on the person who is doing the ultrasound. If the operator is not competent enough, then certain information can be missed.
- Performing ultrasound on very thin and obese patients is difficult.