Assessment of the situation
Evaluate if the victim is conscious or unconscious. If the patient appears unconscious, tap or shake his or her shoulder and ask loudly, "Are you OK?"
If the person doesn't respond, follow the steps below call for emergency medical assistance. If you can't leave the scene, have somebody else to do the job of getting medical assistance.
- Road Traffic Injuries - (https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: New Concept - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3475464/)
- Emergencies and First Aid - Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation - (https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/emergencies-and-first-aid-mouth-to-mouth-resuscitation)
- CPR Steps - (https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/cpr/performing-cpr/cpr-steps)
- Bleeding - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/bleeding)
- Bone Fractures - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/bone-fractures)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, August 09). Trauma Care - Golden Hour Assessment. Medindia. Retrieved on May 16, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/trauma_goldenhour_assessment.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Trauma Care - Golden Hour Assessment". Medindia. May 16, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/trauma_goldenhour_assessment.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Trauma Care - Golden Hour Assessment". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/trauma_goldenhour_assessment.htm. (accessed May 16, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Trauma Care - Golden Hour Assessment. Medindia, viewed May 16, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/trauma_goldenhour_assessment.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Emergency Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
8 years experience
Srinivasa Hospital, Austin Town
+ 1 more