Assessment of the situation
Evaluate if the victim is conscious or unconscious. If the patient appears unconscious, tap or shake his or her shoulder and ask loudly, "Are you OK?"
If the person doesn't respond, follow the steps below call for emergency medical assistance. If you can't leave the scene, have somebody else to do the job of getting medical assistance.
- Road Traffic Injuries - (https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: New Concept - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3475464/)
- Emergencies and First Aid - Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation - (https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/emergencies-and-first-aid-mouth-to-mouth-resuscitation)
- CPR Steps - (https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/cpr/performing-cpr/cpr-steps)
- Bleeding - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/bleeding)
- Bone Fractures - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/bone-fractures)