Prevention & Management of Tonsillitis
How do you Prevent Tonsillitis?
- Keep a safe distance from tonsillitis patients and avoid sharing utensils and drinking glasses with them
- Wash hands frequently (especially before eating) using a mild soap
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or the hand when you cough or sneeze, and teach your children to do the same. Wash hands after coughing or sneezing.
- Keep your child at home if they are sick.
How do you Manage Tonsillitis?
These guidelines are for tonsillitis caused by viruses (where antibiotics are not prescribed) and bacteria (to provide extra comfort and to reduce pain).
- Take plenty of rest.
- Gargle with warm salt water (1 teaspoon in a glass of water) if throat is paining.
- Consume adequate warm fluids to soothe the throat and prevent dehydration.
- Use a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier in the room for easy breathing.
- Use a pain killer like paracetamol / acetaminophen and / or ibuprofen if throat pain persists.
- Using lozenge can keep the mouth and throat moist and more comfortable.
- Keep clear of household irritants like cigarette smoke and cleaning products.(10✔)
- Tonsillitis - Overview - (https://www.enthealth.org/conditions/tonsillitis/)
- Tonsillitis and Sore Throat In Children - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4273168/)
- About Tonsillitis - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillitis)
- What is Tonsillitis? - (https://familydoctor.org/condition/tonsillitis/)
- Tonsillitis and Sore Throat in Children - (https://europepmc.org/article/med/25587367)
- Tonsil Inflammation - (https://medlineplus.gov/tonsillitis.html)
- Tonsillitis - Treatment - (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/tonsillitis/)
- Tonsillectomy - (https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003013.htm)
- All You Need to Know About Tonsillitis - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK401249/)
- Tonsillitis - (https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/tonsillitis.html)