General Info about Tetanus
The master of a large ship mashed the index finger of his right hand with the anchor. Seven days later a somewhat foul discharge appeared; then trouble with his tongue--he complained he could not speak properly. The presence of tetanus was diagnosed, his jaws became pressed together, his teeth were locked, then symptoms appeared in his neck: on the third day opisthotonos appeared with sweating. Six days after the diagnosis was made he died. - Huth, Edward J.
Latest Publications and Research on Tetanus
- Isolation and characterization of new human carrier peptides from two important vaccine immunogens. - Published by PubMed
- Coverage rates of the children vaccination programme in Greenland. - Published by PubMed
- Formulation and preclinical studies with a trivalent rotavirus P2-VP8 subunit vaccine. - Published by PubMed
- ACUTE POSTERIOR MULTIFOCAL PLACOID PIGMENT EPITHELIOPATHY AFTER IMMUNIZATION WITH MULTIPLE VACCINES. - Published by PubMed
- Seroprotection rate in adults after 1-dose, 2-dose, and 3-dose series of a reduced-diphtheria-tetanus toxoid vaccine (Td) during a diphtheria outbreak in Thailand. - Published by PubMed