Tapeworm Infections - Prevention
- Thorough cooking of all meat products so that they reach temperatures of more than 135 degree Fahrenheit.
- Cysts can be killed by freezing the meat products for long periods (minimum of 12 hours).
- Drinking boiled water and avoid eating undercooked meat.
- Good hygiene and cultivating the practice of washing the hands with soap after using the toilet will prevent tapeworm infections in man.
- Proper disposal of human feces is necessary.
- Animals should be checked and dewormed regularly
Tapeworm Infections - References
- MEDIC8 - (http://www.medic8.com/)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Sangamithra. (2014, September 13). Tapeworm Infections - Prevention. Medindia. Retrieved on May 17, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/tapeworm_prevention.htm.
Dr. Sangamithra. "Tapeworm Infections - Prevention". Medindia. May 17, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/tapeworm_prevention.htm>.
Dr. Sangamithra. "Tapeworm Infections - Prevention". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/tapeworm_prevention.htm. (accessed May 17, 2022).
Dr. Sangamithra. 2021. Tapeworm Infections - Prevention. Medindia, viewed May 17, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/tapeworm_prevention.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Pathologist for your problem? Ask your question
8 years experience
Amma Arogyadham, Police station road
7 years experience
Shree Ram Clinic , Indira gandhi nagar