Symptoms and Signs of Clinical Depression
Depression can contort your views on yourself, others around you and life itself. The symptoms of depression vary from person to person. Everyone has the blues now and then but when the symptoms become overwhelming and hinder normal activities it is time to seek help. The major symptoms to look for depression are-
- Sleep disorder- unable to sleep or sleeping too much
- Feeling irritated for no valid reason
- Getting impatient and indulging in violent activities like harming oneself or others
- Loss of energy- feeling drained out physically and mentally
- Having death or suicidal thoughts
- Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry, American Psychiatric Association third edition.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Pallavi Arun. (2014, August 01). Symptoms and Signs of Clinical Depression. Medindia. Retrieved on Oct 03, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/symptoms-and-signs-of-clinical-depression.htm.
Pallavi Arun. "Symptoms and Signs of Clinical Depression". Medindia. Oct 03, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/symptoms-and-signs-of-clinical-depression.htm>.
Pallavi Arun. "Symptoms and Signs of Clinical Depression". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/symptoms-and-signs-of-clinical-depression.htm. (accessed Oct 03, 2023).
Pallavi Arun. 2014. Symptoms and Signs of Clinical Depression. Medindia, viewed Oct 03, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/symptoms-and-signs-of-clinical-depression.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Psychiatrist for your problem? Ask your question
10 years experience
12 years experience
HOPE MIND CARE, Mate Nagar, Pune
14 years experience
3 years experience
Sugham Health Centre , Near Tirunelveli junction , Tirunelveli