Symptoms and Diagnosis of Premature Ejaculation
• Ejaculation during sex usually occurs before or within one minute of vaginal penetration. It could be of recent onset or present since the beginning. The symptoms are present for at least 6 months
• The male is unable to delay ejaculations
• Psychological problems may follow like frustration, lack of enjoyment from sex, which could further lead to depression and lack of self-esteem
• The woman may be unable to get pregnant because of the premature ejaculation
Measurement of hormones like testosterone can be used to rule out hormonal problems.
In some cases, the female partner may take too long to achieve an orgasm, and the problem may not be in the male. This fact should be taken into consideration while diagnosing premature ejaculation.
- BJU intnl. 2008 aug; 102(3): 338-50
- Evidence for a genetic etiology to ejaculatory dysfunction Jern P, Santilla P.. Dept of Psychology, Centre of Excellence in behaviour genetics, Abo Akademi Univ, Turku, Finland
- Treatment benefit of Dapoxetine for premature ejaculation Kaufman Jm, rosen RC, BJY Int. 2008, nov 18
- A Case of Premature Ejaculation in Greek Mythology Otto F. Ehrentheil, The Journal of Sex Research, Vol. 10, No. 2 (May, 1974), pp. 128-131