Symptoms and Diagnosis for Nosebleed
Symptoms of epistaxis include -
- Bleeding from one or both the nostrils
- Frequent swallowing
- Sensation of fluid flow in the back of the nose and throat
Diagnosis of epistaxis is made after a thorough medical history for previous bleeding, high blood pressure, liver diseases, use of anticoagulants, nasal trauma, family history of bleeding etc.
The following tests may be performed -
- Blood tests- Complete blood count and analysis of blood coagulation factors
- Measurement of the blood pressure.
- Nasal endoscopy
- X-rays of the skull and sinuses.
- CT scan of the nose and sinuses.