How can Swollen Gums be treated ?
- In case of swelling due to inflammation, good care of the teeth and the gums by proper and timely brushing and usage of mouth washes can reduce the swelling.
- If there is a large collection plaque or food debris, then professional help is required to remove the deposits which are firmly stuck to the teeth
- If swelling is due to drugs, stopping the drug will automatically cause a reduction of swelling
- In case of swelling due to general illness correction of the health problem usually results in an improvement
- If swelling is a tumor then surgical removal is the only answer.