Support Groups - Endometriosis
Patient self-help and support groups can provide endometriosis sufferers with invaluable counseling, support and advice. There are self-help groups almost in all the countries.
To make the patients relax and respond to the surgery – ‘surgical support guided imagery tapes' have been used. The Monroe Institute research has shown that patients who use surgical support guided imagery tapes usually fare better before and after surgery. The institute report indicates that: "benefits include reduced anxiety, stabilized blood pressure, minimized need for anesthesia and pain medication, and quicker recuperation."
The idea of support group meetings is to allow the patients to interact with each other, share their stories and help find courage to cope with this chronic condition.
Endometriosis - References:
- Endometriosis - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis)
- Endometriosis - Definition - (http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometriosis/basics/definition/con-20013968)
- What is endometriosis? - (http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/endometriosis.html)
- Know More About Endometriosis - (http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Endometriosis)
- More Information on Endometriosis - (http://www.endometriosisassn.org/endo.html)
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th edition