Youth and Suicides
Here are some facts about suicides and youths:
- Suicide is the sixth leading cause of
death in the age group of 5 to 14 years.
- This is the third leading cause of death in the age group of 15 to 24 years of age.
- Suicide rates are higher in males than in females, although the margin is not much.
Some risk factors for youths who commit suicide are the following:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Psychiatric illness like depression, bipolar disorder, some forms of anxiety disorders, impulsive aggressive behavior, etc.
- Drug or alcohol addiction
- Previous suicide attempts
- Easy access to firearms
- Inability to cope with situational stress
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2013, April 19). Youth And Suicides. Medindia. Retrieved on May 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/suicide_youths.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Youth And Suicides". Medindia. May 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/suicide_youths.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Youth And Suicides". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/suicide_youths.htm. (accessed May 26, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Youth And Suicides. Medindia, viewed May 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/suicide_youths.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Psychiatrist for your problem? Ask your question
6 years experience
Psychiatrist Dr.Vishnupriya, Christian Basti
12 years experience
Mann Neuro Psychiatric Clinic, Patrakar Colony