Researchers had suggested some warning signs about people who are highly likely to commit suicide. Some of these signs that can warn the family and the physicians of the impending disaster are when the person in question exhibits the following:
- Showing drastic change in behavior
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- Complaining of lack of hunger or sleep
- Losing interest in interests, school, work, and hobbies
- Giving away material possessions
- Attempting to commit suicide before
- Taking part in very risky ventures
- Talking about committing suicide
- Increasingly addicted to alcohol or drugs
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2013, April 19). Suicide - Warning Signs. Medindia. Retrieved on May 18, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/suicide_warning.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Suicide - Warning Signs". Medindia. May 18, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/suicide_warning.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Suicide - Warning Signs". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/suicide_warning.htm. (accessed May 18, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Suicide - Warning Signs. Medindia, viewed May 18, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/suicide_warning.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Psychiatrist for your problem? Ask your question
7 years experience
Jharmari, Near park hospital
12 years experience
Mann Neuro Psychiatric Clinic, Patrakar Colony