Famous Suicide Notes
Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your altar. Please keep going Courtney, for Frances for her life will be so much happier without me. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU.
- Kurt Cobain, musician, d. April 8, 1994
When all usefulness is over, when one is assured of an unavoidable and imminent death, it is the simplest of human rights to choose a quick and easy death in place of a slow and horrible one.
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, writer, d. August 17, 1935
( As an advocate for the right-to-die, Gilman committed suicide on August 17, 1935 by taking an overdose of chloroform. She "chose chloroform over cancer.")
And now, in keeping with Channel 40's policy of always bringing you the latest in blood and guts, in living color, you're about to see another first - an attempted suicide.
Shot herself during broadcast.
- Chris Chubbuck, newscaster, d. July 15, 1974
Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool - good luck.
- George Sanders, British actor, d. April 25, 1972
The future is just old age and illness and pain.... I must have peace and this is the only way.
- James Whale, film director, d. May 29, 1957
I don't believe that people should take their own lives without deep and thoughtful reflection over a considerable period of time.
- Wendy O. Williams, punk rock performer, d. April 6, 1998