Last Updated on Sep 26, 2014

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for my unborn child, if my previous baby is diagnosed of having a birth defect?

You can consult a genetic counselor.

2. Is it possible to prevent neural tube defects?

Prenatal supplementation with 400mcg folic acid helps in the development of a healthy baby and significantly reduces the risk of having a child with a neural tube defect.

3. Can hypospadias be diagnosed before birth?

It is possible to diagnose hypospadias by fetal ultrasound. However, majority of the cases are diagnosed at birth.


KAMALKANTKANSAL Saturday, April 28, 2012

my daughter is suffering from spino bifida with shortning of leg probably no neurological symptoms and sign

Nuzhat Friday, November 7, 2008

My brother in law is handicap. On his birth, his feet were upside down. With the help of German technology His feet were operated and got better. But today he still can't walk nor talk and gets seizures also.
I praise him and admire his will power. May Allah bless all such children and provide them evrything in the hereafter...Ameen!

Do you wish to consult Pediatrician for your problem? Ask your question

Most Popular on Medindia