Totipotent Stem Cells:
- In development of human, the egg cell (from a women) and the sperm cell (from a man) fuse together to form a single cell called the zygote.
- The zygote divides multiple times to form 216 different cell types and these are the precursor cells for formation of the entire two to three trillion cells that eventually forms the entire human body.
- The zygote which is formed and the first three cell divisions are capable of forming the entire human body.
- These formed cells are called as totipotent stem cells.
- Identical twins are formed when the dividing cell mass splits apart at this stage, which leads to genetically identical embryos.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, June 19). Totipotent Stem Cells. Medindia. Retrieved on May 25, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/stemcells_totipotent.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Totipotent Stem Cells". Medindia. May 25, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/stemcells_totipotent.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Totipotent Stem Cells". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/stemcells_totipotent.htm. (accessed May 25, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Totipotent Stem Cells. Medindia, viewed May 25, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/stemcells_totipotent.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Urologist for your problem? Ask your question
6 years experience
Ashtavinayak Hospital, New Panvel
+ 1 more
24 years experience
Aarogyam speciality Hospital , NAVRANGPURA