Exposure to tobacco smoke is harmful to the smoker and also non-smokers.
Smoking is associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Smoking still remain some of the leading causes of preventable death.
Smoking has the dubious distinction of affecting all the systems from head to foot.
Cigarette smoking causes many types of cancer. It also increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Exposure tobacco smoke during pregnancy can lead to delivery complications and increase the risk of health problems in the newborn.
In general, smoking causes many diseases and affects the overall health of smokers.
Quitting smoking significantly reduces the health risks caused by exposure to tobacco smoke.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2016, August 18). Health Hazards of Smoking Cigarettes. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 08, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/smoking_hazards.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Health Hazards of Smoking Cigarettes". Medindia. Dec 08, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/smoking_hazards.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Health Hazards of Smoking Cigarettes". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/smoking_hazards.htm. (accessed Dec 08, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Health Hazards of Smoking Cigarettes. Medindia, viewed Dec 08, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/smoking_hazards.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Health Hazards of Smoking
- Genome-Wide Polygenic Score and the Risk of Ischemic Stroke in a Prospective Cohort: The Hisayama Study. - Published by PubMed
- Electrocautery ablation of anal high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions: Effectiveness and key factors associated with outcomes. - Published by PubMed
- Marijuana Use in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease: JACC Review Topic of the Week. - Published by PubMed
- Genetic risk, adherence to a healthy lifestyle, and type 2 diabetes risk among 550,000 Chinese adults: results from 2 independent Asian cohorts. - Published by PubMed
- Endodontic therapy and incident cardiovascular disease: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study. - Published by PubMed