General Info about Sleep Disorder
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep And miles to go before I sleepů wrote the famous English poet Robert Frost in his poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. As the poet reminds you about the promises you have to keep in life, it is also necessary that you get a sound sleep to keep those promises.
Sleep disorders are of different kinds and the reason behind each disorder varies. This may include difficulty falling or staying asleep, falling asleep at inappropriate times, excessive total sleep time or abnormal behaviors associated with sleep.
What is New in Sleep Disorder?
Factors such as insufficient sleep and insulin resistance may be linked by improper balance of hormones. An imbalance in testosterone and cortisol hormones due to insufficient sleep can cause increased insulin resistance. Sleep loss can reduce a man's testosterone levels and increases cortisol levels and this can also lead to type 2 diabetes.
Latest Publications and Research on Sleep Disorder
- Catathrenia resolved with the lowest CPAP pressure settings. - Published by PubMed
- Food Color and Autism: A Meta-Analysis. - Published by PubMed
- The association between sleep and diabetes outcomes - a systematic review. - Published by PubMed
- An unbiased, efficient sleep-wake detection algorithm for a population with sleep disorders: Change Point Decoder. - Published by PubMed
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Sleep, and Performance in Military Personnel. - Published by PubMed