Educating the patient, the bed partner or care taker is important for the management of
Patient education is important as it helps to prevent injuries to the self and to the bed partner. When these disorders are present during childhood, the most important aspect is the support of the parents. Educating the patient about the chronicity and recurrence of these episodes is important.
Advising patients and/or caretakers about the risks of injury to self and others during
Parasomnias - References
- Sleepwalking - (http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3131.htm)
- About Sleepwalking - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalking)
- Disorders That Disrupt Sleep (Parasomnias) - (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/disorders_that_disrupt_sleep_parasomnias/article_em.htm)
Latest Publications and Research on Parasomnias - Part II
- Chronotypes and its association with psychological morbidity and childhood parasomnias. - Published by PubMed
- Probable Sleep Bruxism in Children and its Relationship with Harmful Oral Habits, Type of Crossbite and Oral Breathing. - Published by PubMed
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion for restless legs syndrome: A systematic review and meta-analysis protocol. - Published by PubMed
- French validation of the sleep disturbance scale for children (SDSC) in young children (aged 6 months to 4 years). - Published by PubMed
- The epidemiology of sleep disorders in Israel: results from a population-wide study. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Anitha Paderla. (2017, March 09). Parasomnias - Patient Education . Medindia. Retrieved on Jun 25, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/sleep/parasomnias.htm.
Dr. Anitha Paderla. "Parasomnias - Patient Education ". Medindia. Jun 25, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/sleep/parasomnias.htm>.
Dr. Anitha Paderla. "Parasomnias - Patient Education ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/sleep/parasomnias.htm. (accessed Jun 25, 2022).
Dr. Anitha Paderla. 2021. Parasomnias - Patient Education . Medindia, viewed Jun 25, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/sleep/parasomnias.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
1 year experience
6 years experience
18 years experience
5 years experience