How are dry skin disorders treated?
- Drinking more water and showering less can moisturize skin but the best way is to use a moisturizing cream.
- Soap affects the natural lubricating and protective barrier of the skin and so selection of a mild soap is absolutely necessary.
- Lactic acid or glycolic acid creams and lotions can be prescribed to remove scales and keep your skin moist.
- Creams containing urea that moisturize your skin could be prescribed.
- If necessary, corticosteroid ointments are prescribed by the doctors for skin lesions that are red, swollen and painful and caused by autoimmune reactions.