Self-care Tips for Dry skin
- Daily bath or shower once a day is enough to maintain good hygiene. The longer you are in water the more you lose your protective oil.
- Don’t use hard drying soaps. Use gentle skin cleansers with added moisturizers.
- Your skin should feel soft and smooth after cleansing.
- Gently pat or blot your skin after bath to dry your skin, and then moisturize your skin with moisturizer.
- Don’t scrub, rub or soak the skin.
- Moisturizing your skin is the best.
- Moisturize your house with a humidifier and central heat blasting, temperature should be between 68 and 75 °F and moisture levels maintained at 40-50%.
- Use cotton and silk clothes to allow your skin to breathe.
- Use of omega-3 fatty acids helps to maintain skin integrity and also reduces triglycerides levels.