Self-care Tips for Dry skin
- Daily bath or shower once a day is enough to maintain good hygiene. The longer you are in water the more you lose your protective oil.
- Don’t use hard drying soaps. Use gentle skin cleansers with added moisturizers.
- Your skin should feel soft and smooth after cleansing.
- Gently pat or blot your skin after bath to dry your skin, and then moisturize your skin with moisturizer.
- Don’t scrub, rub or soak the skin.
- Moisturizing your skin is the best.
- Moisturize your house with a humidifier and central heat blasting, temperature should be between 68 and 75 °F and moisture levels maintained at 40-50%.
- Use cotton and silk clothes to allow your skin to breathe.
- Use of omega-3 fatty acids helps to maintain skin integrity and also reduces triglycerides levels.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2016, July 28). Skin disorder - Tips For Dry Skin. Medindia. Retrieved on May 20, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/skindisorder_tips.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Skin disorder - Tips For Dry Skin". Medindia. May 20, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/skindisorder_tips.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Skin disorder - Tips For Dry Skin". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/skindisorder_tips.htm. (accessed May 20, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Skin disorder - Tips For Dry Skin. Medindia, viewed May 20, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/skindisorder_tips.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Dermatologist for your problem? Ask your question
3 years experience
Well baby and skin clinic , Prem Nagar, Jhotwara
14 years experience
Jithesh Skin Clinic , Madurai