How can you prevent dry skin disorders?
- Bathe or shower only once a day and use a mild soap.
- During bathing, patting rather than rubbing can help prevent occurrence of dry skin.
- Avoid using wool or irritant material clothes; use only loose fitting cotton clothes.
- Increasing the humidity of air, by using humidifier can prevent dry skin.
- Use of moisturizers such as lanolin or petroleum jelly after bathing can hold water in the skin.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2016, July 28). Skin disorder - Prevention Of Dry Skin Disorders. Medindia. Retrieved on May 20, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/skindisorder_prevention.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Skin disorder - Prevention Of Dry Skin Disorders". Medindia. May 20, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/skindisorder_prevention.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Skin disorder - Prevention Of Dry Skin Disorders". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/skindisorder_prevention.htm. (accessed May 20, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Skin disorder - Prevention Of Dry Skin Disorders. Medindia, viewed May 20, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/skindisorder_prevention.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Dermatologist for your problem? Ask your question
3 years experience
Well baby and skin clinic , Prem Nagar, Jhotwara
1 year experience
Venkateshwara med city , U turn before Redhills toll gate and hospital is on the left