Last Updated on Apr 21, 2015

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult if I have symptoms suggestive of Rocky Mountain spotted fever?

If you have a good reason to believe that you may be coming down with Rocky Mountain spotted fever, it would be wise to consult your family physician immediately. Inform him about your suspicions and the reason for your doubts and he will be able to advise you if your concerns are unfounded or not. If the symptoms are severe or in an advanced state, you may need immediate hospitalization.

2. Is Rocky Mountain spotted fever contagious?

The disease is infectious but it is by no means contagious. It occurs as a result of bacterial infection, but the bacterium is not passed on through human contact and you do not need to worry about picking it up from or spreading it to anyone in your family.

Most Popular on Medindia