What are the symptoms associated with rickets?
- Pain in the bones of Arms, Legs, Spine, Pelvis.
- Skeletal deformities including Bow legs, Forward projection of the breastbone (pigeon chest or pectus carinatum), Funnel chest (pectus excavatum), "Bumps" in the rib cage (rachitic rosary) and Asymmetrical or odd-shaped skull.
- Spine deformities (spine curves abnormally, including scoliosis or kyphosis).
- Pelvic deformities.
- Increased tendency toward bone fractures.
- Dental deformities.
- Delayed formation of teeth.
- Defects in the structure of teeth, holes in the enamel.
- Increased incidence of cavities in the teeth (dental caries).
- Progressive weakness.
- Decreased muscle tone (loss of muscle strength).
- Muscle cramps.
- Impaired growth.
- Short stature (adults less than 5 feet tall) .
- Fever or restlessness, especially at night.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2013, August 05). Rickets Symptoms. Medindia. Retrieved on May 20, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/rickets_symptoms.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Rickets Symptoms". Medindia. May 20, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/rickets_symptoms.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Rickets Symptoms". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/rickets_symptoms.htm. (accessed May 20, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Rickets Symptoms. Medindia, viewed May 20, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/rickets_symptoms.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Orthopedic Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
7 years experience
Ashirwad Hospital, Vidhya Nagar
9 years experience