Written by Anil Golani | 
Medically Reviewed by dr. simi paknikar, MD on Dec 23, 2015

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which Doctor Should I Consult for Retrorperitoneal Fibrosis?

Retroperitoneal fibrosis is a rare inflammatory disorder and involves kidneys and ureters. For this a well-qualified, trained and experienced urologist should be consulted. Other specialists may also be consulted depending on the organ affected.

2. When Should I Contact a Medical Professional?

You need to contact your health care provider if you experience lower abdomen or flank pain and also less output of urine.

3. What are the Risk Factors for Developing Retroperitoneal Fibrosis?

Retroperitoneal fibrosis is most common in people in the age group of 40-60 years. Men are twice as likely to develop this condition as compared to women.


pmorgan7 Wednesday, September 6, 2017

More information and support are available at the Yahoo web site Retroperitoneal Fibrosis World Support. Since the URL is too long to post here please google "Yahoo Retroperitoneal Fibrosis World Support"

Most Popular on Medindia