Introduction of Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine refers to the constantly evolving medical specialty that involves the use of radioactive isotopes in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Nuclear Medicine sits at the heart of many medical specialties and it is a valuable addition to the medical armamentarium.
The unique ability of this from of imaging to help visualize virtually any internal organ of the body continues to improve our existing knowledge about the functioning of the human body reflecting disease conditions, thereby providing important clues regarding treatment as well.
Latest Publications and Research on Radioisotope Scan
- Personalized Dosimetry for Liver Cancer Y-90 Radioembolization Using Computational Fluid Dynamics and Monte Carlo Simulation. - Published by PubMed
- Efficacy of Peptide Receptor Radionuclide Therapy for Esthesioneuroblastoma. - Published by PubMed
- A novel timesaving and semiquantitative method for radionuclide hepatobiliary scintigraphy for suspected biliary atresia. - Published by PubMed
- Taking cyclotron 68Ga production to the next level: Expeditious solid target production of 68Ga for preparation of radiotracers. - Published by PubMed
- Synthesis and evaluation of zirconium-89 labelled and long-lived GLP-1 receptor agonists for PET imaging. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2018, December 17). Introduction of Nuclear Medicine. Medindia. Retrieved on Jun 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/radioisotopescan.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Introduction of Nuclear Medicine". Medindia. Jun 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/radioisotopescan.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Introduction of Nuclear Medicine". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/radioisotopescan.htm. (accessed Jun 26, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Introduction of Nuclear Medicine. Medindia, viewed Jun 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/radioisotopescan.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Radiologist for your problem? Ask your question
10 years experience
7 years experience
Medanta Patna, Patna
11 years experience
Shukla hospital - Ultrasound and Diagnostic Centre, Dharamshala, Kangra