What are the symptoms of Prolapse of Uterus ?
- A woman suffering from prolapse of a uterus feels that something is coming down through the vagina. She feels a sense of fullness in the region of the bladder and rectum. Other symptoms include.
- Dragging discomfort in the lower abdomen
- Low backache, heavy menses and milk vaginal discharge.
- There is also an increase in the frequency of urination and the patient feels difficulty in total emptying of the bladder. There may also be a burning sensation due to infection.
- The woman may experience difficulty in passing stools and complete evacuation of bowels. These symptoms become more pronounced before and during menstruation.
- The condition may also result in difficulty in normal sexual intercourse and sometimes sterility.
It is easier to prevent prolapse of uterus than cure it after its occurrence. The measures to prevent it should include good antenatal care in pregnancy, proper management and timely intervention during delivery, good postnatal care with proper rest, correct diet and appropriate exercise so as to strengthen the pelvic musculature.