What are the causes of Prolapse of Uterus ?
- There are several factors which contribute to the displacement of the uterus. These include
- Continuous distension of the intestines with gas or excess food materials leading to constant downward pressure on the womb.
- Chronic constipation leading to pressure from behind from an over-filled colon
- Tight clothing especially tight corsets
- Constant stooping, and a weakened condition of the internal muscles of the abdomen
- Through lack of exercise and bodily weakness.
- Some of the other important factors responsible for prolapse of the uterus are prolonged labour, an interference in the delivery by inexpert people, lack of proper rest and diet in post-pregnancy periods, repeated deliveries and stressful manual work.
- An increased weight of the womb, tumors of the uterus, traction of the uterus and surgical injuries can also lead to this disorder.
- Menopausal atrophy may also precipitate prolapse of uterus.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2014, April 05). Causes of Prolapse of Uterus. Medindia. Retrieved on May 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prolapseofuterus_causes.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Causes of Prolapse of Uterus". Medindia. May 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prolapseofuterus_causes.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Causes of Prolapse of Uterus". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prolapseofuterus_causes.htm. (accessed May 26, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Causes of Prolapse of Uterus. Medindia, viewed May 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prolapseofuterus_causes.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Obstetricians and Gynecologists (OB/GYN) for your problem? Ask your question
Chennai Diabetes And Endocrine Clinic, Near Lamech School
12 years experience
apollo hospital, navi mumbai