Processed Foods - Solution
Water soluble nutrients like vitamins B complex and C are lost if the food is washed vigorously or soaked in water, and thereafter the water is discarded.
This makes the nutrients unavailable in the future. The trick is to use the same water for cooking. The best cooking method in this direction is steaming wherein no loss of these nutrients takes place.
Freezing is another process which does not destroy the nutritive component of food stuffs. So food can be stored in the best manner when frozen.(7✔)
Thus by the judicious use of the cooking method nutrition can be preserved in food effectively.
- Convenience food - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convenience_food)
- Food Processing - (http://www.foodsystemprimer.org/food-processing/index.html)
- Salient Features of Packaging of Food Products - (https://www.scribd.com/document/318897189/Reading-Material-for-CII-Workshop-on-Food-Packaging-3-Aug-16)
- Semi Cooked Food - (https://fdocuments.us/document/project-semi-cooked-food.html)
- Canning - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canning)
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Processed Foods - (https://www.lorecentral.org/2019/02/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-processed-foods.html)
- Food storage - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_storage)