Prevention of Ebola Virus Disease
Preventing Ebola is very important as the disease is dangerous once the person is infected.
Prevention of Ebola is possible only by isolating the infected person. The following measures ensure minimal spread of the disease.
- Avoiding travel to areas where virus is found.
- Health care workers and laboratory technicians have to avoid direct contact with the infected personís blood and body fluids by wearing gown, gloves, masks and goggles.
- Needle-sharing has to be avoided and adequate sterilization of needles and equipment is essential.
- Isolation of the infected and deceased patients is a must.
- Use of disposable syringes, needles and other equipment, and proper disposal of the same.
Ebola Virus Vaccine
Testing of a vaccine for the Ebola virus has been found to protect nonhuman primates. The vaccinated macaques were challenged with the virus and were reported to remain resistant. A vaccine for humans is under trial but not yet approved for use.
- Ebola virus disease - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease)
- About Ebola virus disease - (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001339.htm)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Himabindu Venkatakrishnan. (2018, May 14). Prevention of Ebola Virus Disease. Medindia. Retrieved on May 16, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prevention-of-ebola-virus-disease.htm.
Himabindu Venkatakrishnan. "Prevention of Ebola Virus Disease". Medindia. May 16, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prevention-of-ebola-virus-disease.htm>.
Himabindu Venkatakrishnan. "Prevention of Ebola Virus Disease". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prevention-of-ebola-virus-disease.htm. (accessed May 16, 2022).
Himabindu Venkatakrishnan. 2021. Prevention of Ebola Virus Disease. Medindia, viewed May 16, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/prevention-of-ebola-virus-disease.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
4 years experience
Anna kamatchi clinic , Villivakkam
6 years experience
Star Hospital , Banjara hills